Thursday, July 22, 2010

Servant's Heart Play Area

Servant's Heart is a Christian bookstore in Camp Hill. They have a free play area in the back of the store that is a good place to get out of the heat in the summer or just out of the house on a winter's day. There is a small plastic climbing structure with a "rock wall" and slide, as well as a fairly large selection of toys. They also have a large screen TV, with a selection of Veggie Tales (and other?) videos for viewing. Blocks, puzzles, and a small kitchen are some of the toys available for playing with.

Additionally, there is coffee and tea available, although I've never partaken of these options, so I can't speak to their variety or quality.

I have been to this play area only two or three times, and have never seen any kids in it other than the ones I was there with. My kids have always enjoyed this play area, and we will probably make good use of it this winter when we're suffering from cabin fever!

My only struggle with this play area is that it's located at the back of the store, which requires a little bit of creativity to get my three 2 and unders from the front of the store to the back without breaking anything on the way. I do wish they had a "kid-friendly" path to the play area, but so far, we've made it without incident!

1 comment:

  1. The new Cafe at Servant's Heart will be opening on Monday, Aug 16th.

    ReplyDelete